2022 Red Wolf Coalition Scholarship Program
for Columbia, North Carolina High School Students
The Red Wolf Coalition is proud to announce its annual scholarship program for students attending Columbia High School in Columbia, North Carolina. Review the FAQ section below to learn more about the program. If you meet application requirements and would like to apply, please click the Apply for RWC Scholarship button at the bottom of this page to access the online application.
Who sponsors this program?
The Red Wolf Coalition (RWC), based in Columbia, North Carolina, is the nation’s only non-profit wildlife organization devoted solely to red wolf conservation. Founded in 1997, RWC serves as the hub of private support for long-term red wolf restoration. Through a variety of programs, RWC provides the public with science-based information about the biology and ecology of this endangered predator. The Coalition also teaches people about the value of red wolves to the ecosystem and to the people living in the restoration area.
How many scholarships are available?
Two cash scholarships, each worth $2000, are available. All scholarship funds awarded will be paid directly to each student’s school and applied to the student’s tuition, fees or other costs. Funds will not be awarded directly to the student or to his/her family.
What are the application requirements?
To be considered for a scholarship award, each applicant must:
- be a fourth- or fifth-year senior graduating from Columbia High School in Spring 2022
- be planning to attend a two- or four-year college beginning Fall 2022
- complete the online application and also provide (a) an official Columbia High School transcript and (b) a brief recommendation from a teacher or other educator at Columbia High School
What are the selection criteria?
- Scholarships will be awarded based on the RWC’s evaluation of the applicant’s academic record, the educator’s recommendation and the applicant’s online interview with RWC staff and Board members.
- The Red Wolf Coalition reserves the right to modify number of awards given and/or the criteria described above at any time.
How do I apply?
Click the Apply for RWC Scholarship button found at the bottom of this page to access the online application. Each applicant must also provide the following materials:
- an official transcript from Columbia High School;
- a recommendation from a teacher or other educator at Columbia High School. This recommendation should be no more than 250 words in length, and should be accompanied by a statement noting that the applicant has waived the right to review the recommendation.
Please mail the transcript and the recommendation to the Red Wolf Coalition, P.O. Box 96, Columbia NC 27925. Please do not FAX or email the transcript or the recommendation. A committee composed of RWC’s Executive Director and members of the RWC Board of Directors will review all completed applications. A group of “finalists” will then be selected for interviews with the Red Wolf Coalition’s Executive Director and at least one member of the RWC Board of Directors. The scholarship award winners will be announced soon after those interviews are complete.
Is the scholarship renewable?
No. A student may receive a maximum of one award.
When are the application materials due?
The entire application package must be complete by 5:00PM on Monday, 16 May 2022. At that point, RWC must have received all three elements of the package: the online application, the student’s transcript and the educator’s recommendation.
Are there any other requirements?
Award winners will be asked to provide a photo and a brief biography to appear on the RWC website.